Knowing what to eat before and after exercise is an important part of boost your energy levels and nourishing your body. Eating the right thing is a great way to keep in control of your healthy routine and make sure you’re getting the most out of it. The Cheapest Life Insurance takes a look at what’s best to eat before and after you work out.
- Banana on Toast-Brown bread with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bananas are great for your potassium levels and the give you an extra quick of energy. The bread provides you with carbohydrates which slowly release energy as you work out. Add some cinnamon for extra flavour!
- Greek yogurt and dried fruit/nut mix-the dried fruit gives you a good energy boost whilst the nuts will keep your insulin levels from dropping during your workout.
- Smoothies-try your favorite fruit, Greek yogurt, and some granola.
- Porridge and fruit-the oats provide you with a slow energy release and the fruit is great to up your fluid levels to keep you hydrated.
- Apples-avoid snacking and have an apple. They are full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Grilled chicken-help your body to recover with lean protein and carbohydrates found in chicken. It’ll fill you up as well.
- Omelette-eggs are a great source of protein and they’ll help with muscle recovery and growth.
- Avocado-great for fibre and monosaturated fats which are good for your body. Avocados help your body to better absorb fat soluble nutrients that your vegetables contain like vitamin A, D, E and K. Great for antioxidants!
- Sweet potato- full of complex cards. Put with salmon or chicken for a pre-workout restoration.
- Chocolate milkshake-everything you need in one glass! Carbohydrates and protein for muscle recovery, and water replacement to replenish what’s been lost in sweating. Regain your energy and recover faster.
Make sure you give your body what it needs before and after working out. Help to get it energized before working out and replenished afterwards. Eating the right foods will help your body to work within a healthy boundary.
Here at the Cheapest Life Insurance we are interested in healthy living. If you would like a life insurance quote from us please call 0800 6800 205.