If you have had a busy or stressful day, you may find it hard to get a good night’s sleep. There are so many different factors that can affect your sleeping pattern, so in today’s Blog, the Cheapest Life Insurance will look at some top tips to aid a better night’s sleep!
Below are the top 7 tips we have found for a more restful night’s sleep:
- Make sure that you are getting enough sleep! – Every person is different when it comes to how much sleep is needed, but most adults need at least eight hours rest a day.
- Give yourself a bed time and waking up time – Set a time everyday where you normally feel tired and go to bed at that time. If you feel that you are unable to wake up when you need to without an alarm, try moving your bed time slightly earlier to ensure that you are getting the sleep you need.
- Get active before bed time – If you feel tired a while before your bed time, try doing something to take your mind off it such as calling a friend, or having a bath. If you go to bed too early, you could find yourself waking up in the middle of the night wide awake.
- Sleep in a cool room – If your room is too hot or too cold you may find yourself struggling to sleep.
- Try to avoid drinking too much in the evening – If you drink too much before bed, you may find yourself waking up in the middle of the night needed to go to the bathroom. The worst thing to drink before bedtime are caffeinated drinks, as they act as diuretics.
- Don’t go to bed on an empty stomach – If your stomach is completely empty this may interfere with your sleeping pattern. If you are hungry, have a light snack that is not high in carbs or sugar such as tuna or yogurt. Vice versa, if you are too full you may also struggle to sleep.
- Exercise regularly – You may also have trouble sleeping if you are not very active during the day. However you shouldn’t exercise right before bed, as it could make you more awake than you were before. Try exercising more throughout the day, by doing activities such as walking or swimming. If you exercise more in the morning, you will sleep better at night.
So, if you would like a more restful night’s sleep, these tips might just work for you! Sweet Dreams and goodnight from all of us here at the Cheapest Life Insurance!